Wednesday, January 23, 2019

I've Kite Surfed Over to a New Spot



You may have noticed that I haven't posted here in a looooonnnnnggggg time! That's partly because I'm trying out a new platform: Medium. Ironically, Medium was started by the same guy who started Blogger: Ev Williams. He also co-founded Twitter, by the way. His idea for Medium, as I understand it, is to create a strong platform for good writing that is not ad driven. I like the Medium platform so far because it seems to make it easier for new readers to find my writing. I don't really know if this is true, but that's the impression I have. The layout looks more like a magazine, corralling many writers onto each page. So I'm experimenting with posting on Medium instead of Blogger and seeing how many people I don't know sign up to follow me. You could be the next one! :p

At the same time, I don't want to abandon this spot, since it has many layers of painstakingly developed links and loops and ways to get in deeper and find my writing. One of my goals for 2019 is to clearly determine how best to use Blogger and Medium and Amazon's self publishing platform and any other sites that present themselves to my thirsty writer's mind!

Meanwhile, if you'd like to see what I've been up to lately, take a hop, skip and a kite surf over here:
https://medium.com/@patsyfergusson

I believe they'll let you read three pieces before they ask you to sign up, so choose carefully if you don't want another account to keep track of! So far, readers have liked "My Christmas in the Woods," "My Tattoo," and "Thank You, Dr. Ford" best.

Here's a pic to amuse you. And here's wishing us all a healthy, happy and connected 2019.




No comments:

Post a Comment